Tuesday, November 14, 2023

My English Breakfast Experiment

Ever since I had an English breakfast on board the Norwegian Cruise Line Pearl at the restaurant O'Shearns, I have been trying to make it myself (the breakfast and not the cruise line or the restaurant). The below is one of my attempts.

I cooked up some fried eggs. I put a little butter on the frying pan to keep it from sticking and give it some flavor. I then put some salt (Himalayan) and ground pepper on it. I flipped it over (not always successfully). I put it on the plate.

I then cook up two hash browns. I think it tastes better fried and has a nice crunch to it. I get them frozen from the grocery store. 

I then cook up some canned meat. My favorite is Spam. They have a few flavors but only some are at the grocery store. I put three slices on the grill. I think they are really good fried (one can eat them out of the can since it is already cooked). 

I put the hash browns on the plate, then a slice of American cheese (I like American cheese and it is what I had on hand) then the Spam on top of that. The heat from the cooked hash browns and Spam help heat and melt the cheese.



Part of the English breakfast on the cruise was baked beans. I had put some in a bowl and heated it in the microwave. It was warm and tasty. It wasn't their no sugar added beans (which is really good) but the regular baked beans. 

I didn't have any tomatoes on had or mushrooms; which was another part of the English breakfast but I didn't mind since what I had was really filling. 

I am not a professional (or even an amateur cook) but I do like to cook and eat what I cook. This is just some of my attempts at cooking. 



















TomLeeM


2023 / 11 / 14





No comments:

Post a Comment