Thursday, February 6, 2020

French's Fried Onions Plus?

I was at the grocery store and came across this. I knew of the their friend onions but did not know they had added some other fried items; fried dill pickles, and friend red peppers. I knew they had fried jalapenos and fried caramelized onions. It is made by French's.

They are not overly fried. They are very crunchy. Each one is a different. I like the variety of the crispy fried vegetables.

This is even better than their original crispy friend onions. It takes it a step up. It is good on sandwiches and as a snack. I like it on top of my macaroni and cheese. 

It has a some dill taste but it isn't overwhelming. It is pretty good. I like it as a snack. I am trying to think of things that it could be used with. I like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Perhaps this could be used either in addition to the pickle or instead of it. If it was used in addition to the pickle, it would add crunch to it. 



This is has some bite to it. I like it with my macaroni and cheese. I added it to a sandwich. It made it crunchy and gave it some bite. It isn't really hot (perhaps to me but others might consider it too hot - living in the New England area, it seems the locals can't stand too much 'heat' in their food). 

I think this is really good. It is flavorful without any heat to it. It is good on my sandwich; which consisted of cheese and bologna. It gave a nice crunch. It is also good by itself. It is a nice snack. I liked it on my macaroni and cheese (as you can tell, I like macaroni and cheese). 
This is the original flavor. It is still really good. I have used it in my sandwich; one of bologna and cheese, and lettuce. It was good on my macaroni and cheese (I like the single serving cups that one can buy). It is good as a snack.

They have a recipe of it being used in green bean casserole. Since I don't like green beans, I think it would be great with an asparagus casserole. I have not tried it yet (future blog). Perhaps one could make the casserole with any vegetable and fried crispy onions? (future blog idea). 




Big Goofy Guy 
I am a big guy who likes Disney's Goofy. Don't have the beard now - new job won't allow a beard but will grow one after I am old enough for 'old people' income. 
My web site is down but I will take this opportunity to totally redo it. I get comments that it needs work.

This is my online store. Cafe Press takes photos my art and puts it on things that can be bought. It makes my art more than items that hang on the wall but usable. I need to take better pictures and totally redo my store. That is a future project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment