Friday, November 2, 2018

Great Grilled Cheese by Laura Werlin (cookbook on grilled cheese).

I bought a book titled 'The Great Grilled Cheese - 50 Innovative Recipes For Stovetop, Grill And Sandwich Maker - by Laura Werlin. Here it is listed on Amazon. I bought my copy at the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery Maine.

It covers a divers ingredients and cheeses. I think it has a recipe for almost everyone. It covers a wide variety of cheeses, breads and fillings. It not only has recipes but other information too; like sandwich making tips, bread lexicon, and about cheese. The sections of the book are classic grilled cheese, almost-classic grilled cheese, modern grilled cheese, seasonal grilled cheese, quesadillas, and sweet grilled cheese.

I think it is neat that it shows three ways to cook or grill the sandwiches; stovetop method, sandwich maker method and gas grill method. The method I am most interested in - since I don't have a sandwich maker and the gas grill is too much of a hassle - is the stovetop method (since I can do this method any time of the year - using my coated cast iron pan, my non-stick pan or some other pan I am hoping to get in the future).

The price varies but I think it is a good price for what one gets. I think it was worth what I paid for it.

It is not a very big book but it does have a lot of really nice recipes (I have not tried any but I will and will be posting a separate blog for each recipe tried). It has a lot of good photographs in it too.

When I was searching for a photo and information on this book, I found other books on grilled cheese sandwiches and other similar foods. It is amazing what one can find online. One must caution while searching online since one might find the bad in addition to the good. 

I found a web site that has some grilled cheese tips. It is at Pop Sugar. They are useful. 

On a side note, I have made a grilled cheese sandwich the 'bachelor method' (my method of making it that is easy to do). I toast two slices of bread. I butter the slices of bread. I put some cheese between the sandwich (and whatever else I want to add to it). I microwave it just long enough for the cheese to melt (varies with different microwaves and their power output. I think it comes out pretty good. I will try it again and will post / blog about it. 




Big Goofy Guy
(might just keep it this for my web site - once it is up again - it is still down).

My Art On Cafe Press.
TomLeeM

No comments:

Post a Comment