Sunday, October 30, 2016

Julie and Julia And Mastering The Art Of French Cooking

I recently watched the movie (on DVD) Julie and Julia. It is about Julie going the a cookbook co-authored by Julia Child. There are scenes where they show Julia. I mention it here since it is about cooking. Julie blogs about going through the book. The movie has scenes from Julia's life and then back to Julie's life. The movie is based on the book of the same name; Julie and Julia.
The book shows the actors who portrayed Julie and Julia. It seems the movie and the book has the same cover. I think they did an excellent job. 
I had bought my copy of Mastering the Art of French cooking (I have the first book and realized there was a second volume) at a book sale in a library. The person selling it did not realize what he had and I was able to get it at a good price. The date in the book I have is 1967. I will be looking for the second volume that seem to exist. I might get it in print or download a copy to either my Kindle e-book reader or Kindle software for my tablet computer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment